Human Element Leadership and Management – Operational level (HELM-O) – 3 Days
UK MCA Approved (Approval Number : 5227)
Price: Rs. 6,900/-* (Discounted fees for inaugural batch)
Virtual (online) classes batch dates are tentative and subject to confirmation from approval Authority
This course is designed to meet the mandatory requirements for approved training in the human element, leadership and management at the operational level as set out in Regulations A-II/1, A-III/1 and A-III/6 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW). It provides students with awareness and understanding of the key human factors influencing effective resource management. Students will acquire and develop tools and practical skills to enhance their maritime resource management capability. This training is a prerequisite for a first Certificate of Competency (CoC) issued by the MCA meeting the requirements of Regulation II/1, III/1 and III/6.
The course is designed to develop knowledge and skills to address the following:
- Culture : how to recognise and respond to cultural issues including cultural awareness and bias including national, organisational, departmental and personal cultural approaches
- Team working : to recognise team working models and conflict management style
- Leadership and management : to recognise and demonstrate effective leadership behaviours
- Workload management : understand the concept of task and workload management and be able to apply it. Recognising fatigue and stress in yourself and others, and developing strategies for dealing with them
- Situation and risk assessment : to understand the influence of a situation and risk assessment in the principles and practice of decision making at an operational level
- Situational awareness : how to acquire and maintain situational awareness and accidents and increasing safety margins
- Communication : how to recognise and apply best practice in communication, and be aware of barriers to communication and how these may adversely affect situational awareness
- Shipboard training : to understand the aim of shipboard training, the principles of learning and methods of developing human potential
Above Fees is Inaugural offer only and subject to change for future Batches.
* GST as applicable.
- Copy of VISA (If Applicable)
- Must Have Valid Medical Certificate