Human Element Leadership and Management – Management Level (HELM-M) – 5 Days
UK MCA Approved (Approval Number : 5226)
Price: Rs. 21,000/-*
The course meets the latest mandatory requirements for approved training in the Human Element Leadership and Management at the management level and the standards of competence to be achieved.
This course is predominantly directed for technical officers as it follows an approved education and training programme which leads to MCA certification as:
- Chief mate or master on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more
- Second engineer officer or chief engineer officer on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW propulsion power or more
It meets the mandatory requirements pertinent to bridge resource management, engineroom resource management and application of leadership and team skills as set out in Tables A-II/2, and A-III/2 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) incorporating the Manila amendments.
This training is a prerequisite for a management level Certificate of and III/2.Competency (CoC) issued by the MCA upon meeting the requirements of Regulation II/2
On completion students will be able to control the operation of the ship and will learn on how to care for persons on board at the management level through the use of leadership and managerial skills to ensure that the following:
- Operations are planned and resources are allocated appropriately with the necessary priority being allocated
- Communication is clearly and unambiguously given and received
- Effective leadership behaviours are demonstrated
- Necessary team member(s) share an accurate understanding of current and predicted vessel state and operational status and external environment
- Decisions are most effective for the situation
- Training objectives and activities are based on assessment of current competence and capabilities and operational requirements
- Operations are demonstrated to be effective and in accordance with applicable rules
- The crew are allocated duties and informed of expected standards of work and behaviour in a manner appropriate to the individuals concerned
* GST as applicable.
- Must have completed OOW/EOOW
- 12 months of sea time after completing OOW/EOOW
- Copy of VISA (If Applicable)
- Must Have Valid Medical Certificate